[LAU] Focusrite Saffire 6 USB Audio Interface

Aurélien Leblond blablack at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 19:02:11 UTC 2011

> Any issues or happy stories about this Saffire USB interface? I'm
> planning to buy one usb interface soon.

Sorry never tried this one...

> Also any reliable USB audio device with pre-amps.
The Edirol UA-25Ex is very good and very well supported in Linux.
Mine has served me well for years.

One thing though: if your USB port is of type EHCI, check exactly
which version you have (using lspci) and google it before!
I'm saying this because I changed laptop few months ago, and some EHCI
USB ports have a bug that makes Jack/Alsa and USB 1 soundcard not
working at all...

I'm now using a M-Audio Fast-Track Ultra (USB2, so I don't have issues
with EHCI anymore), but it's not 100% supported yet (although the Alsa
developers are working on it)...

Hope this helps!

Aurélien