[LAU] CD ROM Problem

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Sep 19 00:44:45 UTC 2011

> Did they ever work? Are they new? Did you try DAO mode?

Yes, both worked fine in the past. I suspecting that the latest kernel
might have been the problem ... or the PAE mode? I'm going to try to
boot with an older kernel if I still have on the computer and see.

Any other ideas? I saw some stuff on the web about /etc/modprobe.d
files, but they were a few years old and I'm figuring that whatever
they fixed has been fixed. Besides, can't find the link anymore.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca