[LAU] CD ROM Problem

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Sep 19 01:53:37 UTC 2011

On Sun, Sep 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM, david <gnome at hawaii.rr.com> wrote:
> Wild guess - is it possible that the resulting track image it's trying to
> burn is just a song or two too long for the media you're using? Like trying
> to fit an 80-minute track onto 70-minute media?

I don't see that. I could be wrong of course, but I've got 22 tracks
in total. I removed 8 and 9 from the directory and it works. The crash
was happening at the end of track 8 (if one believes the report from
cdrecord) ... and the total size was about 600 meg. I'm going to
restore one track, try again; restore both and try; and maybe rename
#8 to something else to force it to the end of the disk.

But, yes, size is an issue I guess. I have no idea how cdrecord does
allocation of space, but I assume it's from the center out just like
tracks are when played. Allocation table overflow? Seems unlikely.

Ideas are welcome! I feel like I'm in the twilight zone :)

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca
WWW:   http://www.mellowood.ca