[LAU] Qjackctl does not display my laptop microphone input

Paul Berry pnberry at gmail.com
Sat Sep 24 18:15:57 UTC 2011

All,

Hoping someone cane give me a lead with this one. I have a Lenvo T60
laptop with OpenSuSE 11.2 installed.
I'm trying to process an external signal plugged into the laptop's
microphone input but when I run Qjackctl the program does not list
anything under Readable Clients/ Output Ports.
I know the microphone input works because I can listen to signals
plugged into it and I can control the volume etc. Capture is selected
with my mixer so I know that it the signal is captured and I can
record it with Audacity for example..
I know Qjackctl is working because when other programs such as
AlsaModularSynth or Rosegarden are run all the various inputs and
outputs appear in Qjackctl's Connections window.

So why doesn't Qjackctl see my laptops external microphone input?
Thank you very much for any help.

Paul