[LAU] What 16chan sound card

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Apr 7 00:26:56 UTC 2012

On 6 April 2012 at 10:46, immanuel litzroth <ilitzroth at gmail.com> wrote:

> I bought a Alesis 16 in 2 out firewire card which works under linux:
> http://www.alesis.com/multimix16firewire

16 in is always over quoted.  What I really need is 16 or more
mic inputs.  Anything around that doesn't use legacy PCI which
can do that under Linux?

I tried to find a used Alesis HD24 last Summer.  People seem
to be holding on to the used ones, and they're no longer
manufactured.  The Linux connection to that unit is free software
that lets one move the hard drive into a Linux tower for
subsequent processing of the audio, not that I've tried that.

Thanks....

--
Kevin