[LAU] What 16chan sound card

Gerald Mwangi gerald.mwangi at gmx.de
Sat Apr 7 13:59:15 UTC 2012

Hi,
I'm just looking for something that feeds 16 channels into the PC,
nothing more or less.
I was hoping to find something with no DSP, mixing or what soever and
the TASCAM US-1800 seems to be the closest to that.
The RME guys boast that their Fireface has flexible routing of the
channels. That may be useful under Windooz but in light of JACK I don't
see why I should pay 900€ for that silly feature. I just need something
down to the earth with no fancy addons.
Greetz,
Gerald