[LAU] Mplayer problem with some mp3s

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Tue Apr 10 17:34:55 UTC 2012

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 07:20:23PM +0200, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Massy!
>   mp3info -x reports the correct length, bitrate and everything.
> Well everything ese is also correctly reported in mplayer. I don't
> mind, when mplayer shows longer times and just gets on playing the
> file, but that is really hindering. :-(
Is there anything unusual about the file, though, like a lower sampling
rate or bitrate, or perhaps being mono? Mplayer is by no means the only
misbehaving MP3 decoder in that respect: I've had many a frustrating
time reading audio books encoded at funky bitrates/srates on portable
players.

Cheers,
S.M.