[LAU] Mplayer problem with some mp3s

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Apr 10 17:53:29 UTC 2012

Hi Massy!
   The mp3s are joint-stereo, 44.1kHz, 96kbps mpeg 1.0 layer III. I've seen
similar - at least, where that info is concerned, and they just worked. They
were the only ones in our radioplay collection, that didn't work. I'm not
sure, if at that time my brother digitised the tapes himself, or if he gave
them to a friend to do it - that was a long time ago. If you think, that you
could find something more, I could upload one of them for you. I wouldn't
upload them openly, since they are commercial radioplays and I don't want to
get on the bad side of the company producing them. :-)
   For the moment I decoded them with mpg321 and re-encoded them with lame. Not
the best way to work around it, but it doesn't matter too much, them being
old-ish tapes, even at the time (mid 70s to mid-80s, if I'm not mistaken).
   Warm regards
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======