[LAU] No sound after upgrading to Wheezy

S. Massy lists at wolfdream.ca
Fri Apr 20 00:23:33 UTC 2012

Hello,

So, I was getting tired of fighting to keep abreast of the latest
developments in the audio world whilst remaining on Squeeze, which
looked like soon forcing me to maintain half the software myself, so
went ahead and upgraded to Wheezy (while being tired). The upshot is a
rather messy system which I have been wrestling for a couple days
now. One problem seems to be a total lack of sound: opening any audio
device returns a "resource busy" error. I'm wondering whether anyone
else ever encountered this? Also, I'm still running a 2.6.33RT kernel:
is the latest alsa-lib backwards compatible to this?

Cheers,
S.M.