[LAU] poll : Advertising vs Linux Audio

Clemens Ladisch clemens at ladisch.de
Sun Apr 22 14:42:34 UTC 2012

Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Do the other members of this community feel so strongly too?

No; but only the strongly-feeling are compelled to speak up.  :)

> That advertising is without merit and should be avoided like the
> plague for fear of contaminating out precious Linux Audio Ecosystem.

"He who pays the piper calls the tune."
If you actually depend on the income from advertizers, _they_ are your
customers.

Personally, I don't care much; nobody _forces_ me to pay for ads, or
to watch them.  I go to a web page to find useful information; ads
influence this only if they distract or event prevent me from that.

Regards,
Clemens