[LAU] small usb interface (1in 2out)

Joe Hartley jh at brainiac.com
Thu Apr 26 14:43:02 UTC 2012

On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 09:49:03 -0400 (EDT)
Rick Green <rtg at aapsc.com> wrote:
> A friend who didn't need the SPDIF out, but only a two-channel pre with
> phantom to expand his band's PA also bought the solid-state version ($69
> USD).  I had a chance to check it out, and it also 'just works' on
> Ubuntustudio 12.04beta.  I didn't make noise floor measurements on that
> one, however.

I recently picked up one of these and I'm really happy with it.  It
has decent preamps, which is why I bought it - it always seems like I'm
short a preamp channel or two when recording a band!  Its ability
to be a USB audio device was a bonus, but a well-received one.  I've not
done any serious testing of it, but my experience is that it's quiet and
has decent A/D converters.  A real bargain!

On top of that, it will take either XLR or 1/4" inputs and provides
phantom power if needed.  It can run off a 9v battery, an AC adapter, or
a USB connection.  A lot of thought was given to how to make this
device as useful as possible.

       Joe Hartley - UNIX/network Consultant - jh at brainiac.com