[LAU] OnDemand-performance was(OT: klang)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sun Aug 5 21:15:00 UTC 2012

On Sun, 2012-08-05 at 22:54 +0200, Robin Gareus wrote:
> http://rg42.org/oss/jackfreqd/

FWIW

AMD Athlon X2 dual-core, mobo ASUS M2A-VM HDMI, without the HDMI thingy,
but a NVIDIA 7200GS instead and enough RAM, using Jack2 had issues when
using ondemand with TerraTec EWX 24/96. It was possible to use it with
ondemand, regarding to the kind of production.
IIRC I never used ondemand for audio and MIDI production with my HDSPe
AIO on the same machine.

1. I could test ondemand with the new card (ASAP, which takes a while)
with and without jackfreq.
2. I won't use it, since power isn't an issue for my tower and noise of
cooling doesn't differ between ondemand and performance on my machine,
but I like to reduce "the number of possibilities".

Regards,
Ralf