[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 6 09:21:50 UTC 2012

On Mon, 06 Aug 2012 08:21:14 +0200, Louigi Verona
<louigi.verona at gmail.com> wrote:

> "To me, the negative result of widespread recorded music is to discourage
> others from making music and turn them into the good little consumers
> that
> today's music industry wants."
>
> I do not agree that such effect is necessary or is most common. Hearing a
> perfect performance might in fact have a different effect - show that it
> is
> possible to achieve that. It all depends on the background and attitude.

I agree with David and Louigi. I only can speak about experiences with
elementary school children.
They where deeply impressed and called everything I did "professional",
but they had no problems to draw and sing "unprofessional" theirselfs,
after I started to draw or to sing.
They where not willing to play songs they learned with their music
teachers. Why? Because music teachers are preaching about the quality of
music? Classic = good, Pop = next exit purgatory?
IMO it's allowed to talk to a child, that you don't like the song it is
listening too, if you listen to this song at the same time too, but
preaching to children about the good, the bad and the ugly music is
disgusting.

Especially arguing with such pseudo-scientific studies and similar wicked
tricks are disgusting.

Regards,
Ralf