[LAU] [OT] Education system (was ... Re: Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.)

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Mon Aug 13 14:49:02 UTC 2012

On Tue, 2012-08-14 at 02:12 +1200, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 12, 2012 at 08:31:39PM +0000, Kaza Kore wrote:
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Waldorf_School
> > I will most definitely seriously consider sending my children to one when
> > I have them and I would suggest anybody who is disenfranchised with the State
> > education systems provided by their country of residence have a look into them
> > and similar schools where they live.
>
> I was annoyed when I watched/listened to this:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t7BF7TBKRTc
>
> Note particularly, near the end, where it mentions that basically the
> IMF sends in auditors to check that the education curriculum is
> following their recommendations[1].
>
> Does the State/Government in Germany set the Education standards that *all*
> schools have to follow?
>
> [1] recommendations might not be a strong enough word. :(

It's to stressful for me to listen and translate at the moment. Talking
about "Rothschild" in Germany is for understandable reasons a taboo.
However, I suspect that the IMF doesn't have direct impact. I don't like
conspiracy theories.

Some standards for sure aren't bad, we've got a law about "compulsory
school attendance for all children" OTOH many migrant children aren't
allowed to visit a school! So becoming criminal will the only job they
can do and than the government is allowed to deport them.

I don't know how free private schools are in Germany. I suspect that
many rich people let their children educate in private schools in e.g.
Switzerland. I never heard about children of politicians visiting public
schools and I had private discussions with some who have got highly
gifted, but dyslexic children, something I suffered myself when I
visited school.

We've got all kinds off "good" enactments, but they are on the paper
only, there are no competent teachers employed. We've got competent
teachers, but they are unwanted. It needs parents, psychologists etc. to
force strict observance of all those "good" enactments, but the weakest
children don't get this support.

Regards,
Ralf