[LAU] Study Finds New Pop Music Does All Sound the Same.

Bob van der Poel bob at mellowood.ca
Mon Aug 6 22:31:22 UTC 2012

> This was my thought too, but perhaps tavern songs where very popular. No
> television, no radio, hard work, alcohol as protection against sickly
> water. I don't know the history of that time.

Before radio and TV folks, probably, did a lot more social stuff. And
had more time to work for the boss as well.

I did read somewhere that in the 19th century a lot of alcohol
consumption was due to rampant tooth decay. Introduction of sugar and
virtually no dentistry. Makes me wince just thinking about that!

A quick comment on the school thing: I was told in grade 4 choir to
NOT sing ... just mouth the words. It's 50+ years later and I still
avoid singing ... and I'm probably not that awful. Shows the effect of
a teacher on a young mind. And, I fear, that things have not changed
all that much in the last 50 years.

--
**** Listen to my CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****
EMAIL: bob at mellowood.ca