[LAU] [LAA] Guitarix release 0.24.0

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Aug 13 16:40:48 UTC 2012

On Mon, Aug 13, 2012 at 04:53:14PM +0200, hermann meyer wrote:
> Am 13.08.2012 13:08, schrieb rosea.grammostola:

> >Can you elaborate this?
> >
> The Oscilloscope use the jack buffer size to display the sine wave,
> when you use jack buffers smaller then 256 to archive low latency,
> the Oscilloscope becomes useless  for a bass player
> (the sine wave of a low E is a way longer for example).
> Now you can set the Oscilloscope buffer up to (jack buffer size x6)
> to display a full sine of a low E, even when you use low jack buffer sizes.

Excuse my ignorance, but why do bass players need a scope ?
Don't they have ears ?

You can infer *some* information on how some periodic waveform
will sound from a scope display, but it's mostly useless.
I could easiy show you ten waveforms that look completely
different but sound exactly the same.

Ciao,

--
FA