[LAU] Sound Board for Linux?

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Wed Aug 22 13:47:59 UTC 2012

On Tuesday 21 August 2012 16:43:52 Michael Afflerbach wrote:
> I am looking for some instant sound board software that I can install on
> a Linux machine.
>
> Basically, I need a GUI interface with buttons (or rows of buttons)
> where I can play out MP3s in rapid succession out the soundcard.
>
> Here are good examples in Mac OSX
>
> http://www.ambrosiasw.com/utilities/soundboard-mac/
>
> http://boredzo.org/bzsoundboard/
>
> or in Windows
>
> http://www.jazler.com/products/show.asp

Simple and unmaintained but this may do for you:

http://code.google.com/p/drsoundwall/

Rivendell radio automation system has a sister program called rdpanel that is
a more complex install but may also serve your needs.

http://www.rivendellaudio.org/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XUlZWymR3-4

irc - #rivendell on freenode

> But for the life of me I am unable to find a Linux soundboard program.
> Shouldn't be complicated and I must be a moron, so can anyone point me
> in the right direction?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Mike Afflerbach

all the best,