[LAU] Question about OSC Router / Forwarder availabilty

Diego Simak diego.simak at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 05:24:49 UTC 2012

2012/8/23 michael noble <looplog at gmail.com>

> On Thu, Aug 23, 2012 at 3:31 AM, Diego Simak <diego.simak at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >

> > I will try to write an OSC path translator in Pd.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Diego

Hi!

> The mrpeach library in pd-extended will be your friend here. It
> includes better objects for dealing with OSC than vanilla PD.

This is what I've started to look now using pdextended.

> Also, you may want to consider using Control for Android rather than
> touchOSC. Seems to be easier to customize layouts.
>
> https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.charlieroberts.Control&hl=en

Yes, I know it, seems to do what I need, i.e. layout customization but that
app runs quite slow in my android device, that's why I was trying touchOSC,
but yes, Control seems to do what I need.

> One more thing - I was wondering if you'd like to share some details
> as I've been trying to achieve some of the same things. You said you
> were using non-mixer to host plugins? Did you mean LV2 and DSSI as
> well? I thought non-mixer only hosted ladspa.

Sorry If I confused you:
non-mixer just for LADSPA.
Ingen for LV2.
jack-dssi-host for DSSI

If that's the case, I'm
> curious, how do you intended to get your OSC routed to LV2 or DSSI
> plugins?

I never used OSC to control LV2 under Ingen, that's something that I need
to test but according to what is expressed in the documentation [1] it is
possible.
For DSSI I was thinking to send direct OSC message to the host, using the
same message format used by the GUI to communicate with the host.
Preliminary tests using dssi-vst (loading a VST instrument) and nekobee were
satisfactory.

Also, I haven't looked hard at all, but is the OSC interface

http://non-mixer.tuxfamily.org/MANUAL.html

> A final possibility is using falkTXs Carla plugin host which appears
> to have a full OSC interface. Again, though, this doesn't seem to be
> documented.
>
> cheers
>
> Michael

Thank you very much for all your recommendations, very appreciated.
Diego

[1] http://drobilla.net/software/ingen/