[LAU] LAA list policy

Jörn Nettingsmeier nettings at stackingdwarves.net
Fri Aug 24 08:44:08 UTC 2012

hi *!

this unfortunate announcement from nedko seems to have spawned a
discussion on LAA. LAA list policy used to be no follow-ups except for
factual corrections. the idea was to keep the traffic low for people who
want to stay informed but not have to wade through too much mail. (think
lwn.net among others.)

can i suggest that all further contributions to this LAA thread be NAKed
by the moderator, please? the discussion is certainly important, but it
should continue on LAD or LAU.

that said, while i can understand nedko's POV, the initial message never
really belonged on LAA either. obviously, such announcements _will_
cause heated discussion, so they should be made in a forum which allows
them.

best,

jörn