[LAU] Output all audio on other computer's device?

Grant emailgrant at gmail.com
Tue Aug 28 06:18:16 UTC 2012

>>> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/NetJack
>>> http://trac.jackaudio.org/wiki/WalkThrough/User/NetJack2
>>
>> Would all of the applications with audio output on the slave that are
>> sending the output to the master need to be jack-aware?
>
> there are bridging applications to allow jack and alsa applications
> (for instance) to work together. try:
> zita-ajbridge
> libjackasyn0 (for oss)
>
> If so, is
>> there a way to send any and all audio output from the slave to the
>> master so that each audio application on the slave doesn't need to be
>> aware of jack?
>
> sorry, i'm not sure what you mean

Would something like this work in asound.conf:

pcm.!default {
  type plug
  slave.pcm {
    type dmix
    ipc_key 1024
    slave {
      some-kind-of-jack-specification
      format S24_3LE
      rate 44100
    }
  }
}

The idea being that I could let all apps send audio to the default
device and ALSA would send that audio to jack.

- Grant