[LAU] S/PDIFF on a delta1010(lt)

Len Ovens len at ovenwerks.net
Fri Dec 7 23:35:34 UTC 2012

On Fri, December 7, 2012 12:00 pm, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hello everyone1
>    I'm very new to the world of digital audio. but I wonder; I can see 12
> capture ports in JACK, of which only 8 should be analogue inputs. So the
> rest
> must be digital? So here are my questions:
>    Which items in the alsamixer correspond to their volume/routing? I'd
> like to
> route everything to PCM out. Is it possible to have all 8 analogue ins and
> the
> digital inputs work at the same time without having to hassle the card and
> ALSA?
>    Sorry, I'm sure, that these are really questions of a simpleton, but I
> can't
> help it. :-)

I have a delta66 which also has 12 ins and 10 outs. The ice 1712 is the
same on both.

i/o 1 - 8 are the ADC 1 - 8 and the PCM 1 - 8.
i/o 9 & 10 is the stereo s/pdif in and out
input 11 & 12 is the output of the internal digital mixer (AKA
Multi-mixer) which can be used as a no latency (almost) monitor mixer if
the user doesn't have an external unit.

In my case i/o 5-8 don't do anything (though the outputs can still be used
by the internal mixer).

--
Len Ovens
www.OvenWerks.net