[LAU] hdspmixer oddities

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Sun Dec 9 04:08:57 UTC 2012

Posting about this has provoked me to look at it more...and it actually
looks a little bit more subtle than I thought.

The particular settings that were being lost and reverted back to
factory state are ones that I made which are only visible when "submix
view" is activated.  I had been saving my preset files with submix view
turned off, thinking that because the purpose of a preset file is to
store the entire state of the mixer, it really shouldn't matter if my
submixes are actually displayed in the app window at the time I create
the file.

After a little more investigation, it looks like it actually will save
my submix...provided I'm looking right at it when I save my config file!
I'm going to keep experimenting with it to see if it isn't something
I've missed, but at this point, it looks like a bug in which the app is
depending too much on the state of the GUI to know what the mixer is
really doing when it saves preset files.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky