[LAU] Convert Sonatina library to MIDNAM

rosea.grammostola rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Thu Dec 13 14:04:37 UTC 2012

On 12/13/2012 11:56 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:
> On 12/12/2012 11:28 AM, rosea.grammostola wrote:

>>> What is a good way to do for the path, e.g. to make it usable for
>>> 'everybody'? Assume they place the sonatina folder in ~/ ?
>>>
>>> So /home/derick/linuxaudio/linuxaudiodata/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>>>
>>> becomes
>>>
>>> ~/sonatina/Sonatina/...
>>>
>>> Or is there is smarter 'linux-way'?
>>>
>>> \r
>> The oomidi team is using
>>
>> MAP MIDI_INSTRUMENT NON_MODAL 0 0 0 SFZ
>> '@@OOM_SOUNDS@@/sonatina/Sonatina\x20Symphonic\x20Orchestra/Strings\x20-\x201st\x20Violins\x20Sustain.sfz'
>>

>> @@OOM_SOUNDS@@ links to /usr/share/sounds or ~/.sounds somehow. Both
>> places are not ideal imho.
>>
>> Suggestions?
>>
>> Btw here are some templates of the oomidi team for LinuxSampler
>> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/tree/master/Oomidi_templates
>>

> @Paul I think this sonatina.midnam file is ready to be added to the
> midnam files in Ardour 3. All though it might be good if people test it.
> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/blob/master/sonatina.midnam
>

> Afaik, what needs to be edited is the lscp file. It should work now, but
> users might want to have 4 different channels for the 1st-violin instead
> of one, to match 4 1st-violin players in an orchestra etc. I think it's
> up to the community to make this template better.
> See also the README
> https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/blob/master/README.md
>

> People who want to use the midnam file for sonatina likely also needs
> the lscp file for LinuxSampler. It's up to the Ardour devs how they want
> to serve the Ardour users here.
>
> At the end it might be nice to have an
> Ardour-sonatina-orchestral-template with busses for convolution reverb etc.
> At this point I've no interest to do that work. The files in the git
> repo serve as example and sharing of knowledge.

I realized that such a full orchestra setup could be made automatically
using the createDAW script.
https://github.com/johnsen/lscp2midnam/blob/master/createDAWStudio.sh
https://github.com/johnsen/lscp2midnam/blob/master/README_scripts

I've added an example for the violas

https://github.com/johnsen/Sonatina-symphonic-orchestra-MIDNAM/blob/master/README.md

All should be there to make your own desired orchestral lscp file. If
you make a full orchestral template, it would be nice if you could share
it. If you've questions about how this works, don't hesitate (after you
did some reading and experimenting yourself first...) to contact me. I
don't guarantee that I'll be subscribed to this list, so include my
personal email address too.

\r