[LAU] QSampler: Trick to name channels after instrument name?

Lorenzo Sutton lorenzofsutton at gmail.com
Sat Dec 15 13:33:04 UTC 2012

I want to record each (stereo) (q)linuxsampler (intrument) channel to a
stereo track in ardour.

I open the qsampler device preferences and set channel numbers to 16 (8
instrument channels x 2 audio channels each).

By default the (jack) channels will be named as 0,1,2,3... which is not
very helpful.
Of course I could edit the name by hand and call them 1st_violins_1,
1st_violins_2 but that's cumbersome, because the device manager 'throws'
you out when you edit the name.

What do people usually do in these cases?

Ideally this would be the other way round... That is, it would be nice
to be able to set up 2 new (jack) channels from within the (instrument)
channel set-up

Hope the various uses of channel weren't too confusing :)

Lorenzo.