[LAU] Short sketch for Dave Brubeck

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 10:42:15 UTC 2012

Paul Davis <paul at ...> writes:

> it plays fine in firefox here.james - some nice work you have on SC. i didn't
like BRP all that much but the partita/sequenza and sweetness pieces show both
talent and restraint. lovely.

Thanks :)  Blue Rondo Phase really is just a sketch as of now. I wanted to get
something out quickly to honor the moment, and I also needed to make myself do
something fast to break some creative doldrums. So it's underdeveloped and the
sound design is mediocre, but the little sketch served its purpose.

Partita/Sequenza is the kind of thing a smartass grad student does when giving a
lecture recital on Berio's Sequenza I, and wants to make a point about pseudo-
polyphony resulting from notes in disparate registers. :-p

SC: I've been using that for basically all my work for about 10 years now. I'm
nowhere near out of ideas what to do with it.

hjh