[LAU] Recommended soundcard

Brent Busby brent at keycorner.org
Thu Dec 20 02:48:50 UTC 2012

Also, there are more options available via Firewire with FFADO,
including many companies whose hardware is absolutely not compatible any
other way.  PCI cards from RME are still the most prefered way though.

I don't know about USB -- up until lately, most swore it was a great way
to invite problems, but it seems not quite as discouraged lately, so
maybe it's gotten better.  I'm using an RME Multiface II with PCI-E card
here, and it's fantastic.  I just wish I had another converter with an
ADAT output that I could hook up to it to get even more i/o.

+ Sr. UNIX Systems Admin +  banging on a million typewriters will
+ James Franck Institute +  Shakespeare.  Now, thanks to the Internet,
+ Materials Research Ctr +  we know this is not true." -Robert Wilensky