[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Sat Dec 22 19:10:25 UTC 2012

On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 19:00 +0100, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 12:44 -0500, Paul Davis wrote:
> >

> > On Sat, Dec 22, 2012 at 12:39 PM, Ralf Mardorf
> > <ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net> wrote:
> >         On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 09:19 -0800, Len Ovens wrote:
> >         > On Sat, December 22, 2012 7:42 am, Ralf Mardorf wrote:
> >         > > On Sat, 2012-12-22 at 14:58 +0000, John Murphy wrote:
> >         > >> Synth manufacturers: Why no ADAT out?
> >         > >
> >         > > Would be nice for homestudios today, assumed there would
> >         be cheap cards
> >         > > with several ADAT inputs. My RME card only has got one
> >         ADAT, that btw.
> >         > > does not work with Linux.
> >

> > and what card would that be?
>
> RME HDSPe AIO
>
> >         ADAT can do 48KHz, 96KHz and 192KHz. Nobody will use 44.1KHz
> >         for
> >         pro-audio, so that wouldn't cause an issue.
> >
> > the usual ralph misinformation. does it ever stop?
> >
> > ADAT supports 44.1kHz and 48kHz as-is. With the S-Mux "standard", it
> > can route 88.2kHz and 96kHz signals, but each channel is split across
> > two ADAT channels, causing a 50% reduction in the number of available
> > channels.
>
> Can you give an example for misinformation by me?
>
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2012-November/013570.html
> http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-multimedia/2012-November/013572.html
>
> Regards,
> Ralf

PS:

I'm a human and I make mistakes. However, I'm still waiting for your
reply. Perhaps you noticed Paul, that last time you tried to blame me,
it was you who was mistaken. This was a thread about the -Xalsarawmidi
switch.

You might want to read this one
http://comments.gmane.org/gmane.linux.audio.users/78891

I can post several mails were I was mistaken, but I can post double as
much where you was mistaken.

I guess we shouldn't do such stupid things.

You very often abuse people when you think that you are right, not only
me. Perhaps you can stop this in the future?

I don't care that much about it, but I know at least two other people
who were hurt by you.

Why are you doing this that often?

However, I'm not hurt, it's ok for me, so don't worry.

Regards,
Ralf