[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Moshe Werner moshwe at gmail.com
Mon Dec 24 09:34:10 UTC 2012

> Behringer components are getting better every year. The Music Group also
> own Midas which is top of the line gear and preferred by several people I
> know. Behringer products get a bad rap round here but our tests have shown
> they have near perfect quality components across the range of hardware
> they produce. At the price point they are the best value audio products on
> the planet. Plus they ship Audacity with their included merchandise which
> makes it the most distributed audio editor on the planet.

That could be right, but I think Fons referred to the QC of their products.
There is another problem with Behringer, they are ripping of designs of
real engineers that put a lot of work into their products.
This work has a value but with Behringer it seems that there is no value
anymore to quality of build or sound.
Yes I am using two pieces of Behringer  gear in my studio, but today I
think I would make a different decision in my gear purchases.