[LAU] Pro Audio? OT rant.

Ben Bell bjb-linux-audio-user at deus.net
Mon Dec 24 16:50:18 UTC 2012

On Tue, Dec 25, 2012 at 02:47:31AM +1100, Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> Our tests on this side of the pond have given us confidence in Behringer
> products. Not only are they cheap but they also represent very good value
> for money and we can't fault the signal/noise ratio on the units we have
> tested.

I've got a few bits of Behringer gear and I must say I have no major
complaints. I'm sure higher end stuff would be an improvement theoretically
but for the moment it gives me tools that otherwise I would have to do
without.

My experience is that for now my own techniques and abilities, and the
limitations of the space I record in, are by far the biggest factor when it
comes to issues with the quality of my recordings. I look forward to the day
when I find the Behringer gear I have needs replacing because I can genuinely
say that it is its flaws, not mine, that are the weak link :)

In the few places I have higher end gear (which tends to be my instruments
for the most part), I have it because I found specific areas where I felt I
was being held back, and bought something specifically to address that.

Ben