[LAU] LMMS Jack support

renato rennabh at gmail.com
Thu Dec 27 17:20:02 UTC 2012

On Fri, 21 Dec 2012 22:39:52 -0500
Jose Miguel Vega Lopez <jmiguelv24 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi guys! I hope you are having a great christmas, is my first time
> here in the list so i hope yo answer me.
>
> Question: Why when i am using Renoise with Jack i get good latency
> but when using LMMS with jack my latency is horrible???
>
> Thank you very much for your attention guys, greetings from Colombia!

Hi, what latency are you talking about? Like sound is getting in your
soundcard, proccessed by LMMS/Renoise, and then comes again out of your
soundcard with noticeable latency?

If that's the case it could be the two apps are automatically starting
jack, with different parameters (and thus different latencies). I
suggest using qjackctl to start jack, so you have control on the
parameters. If you're allready using it (or starting jack yourself
from command line), then I either haven't understood the issue or aren't
able to help...

HTH,
renato