[LAU] paulstretch portaudio conflict

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Wed Feb 1 01:33:22 UTC 2012

On 01/31/2012 11:17 PM, James Mckernon wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I recently tried compiling paulstretch on ubuntu 11.04, and found that it
> ran into some problems compiling. Here's the output from running
> compile_linux_fftw.sh:
>
> PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:9: error: ‘PaStreamCallbackTimeInfo’ does not name a
> type
> PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:35: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of ‘outTime’
> with no type
> PAaudiooutput.cpp:29:43: error: ‘PaStreamCallbackFlags’ has not been
> declared
> PAaudiooutput.cpp: In function ‘void PAaudiooutputinit(Player*, int)’:
> PAaudiooutput.cpp:40:94: error: invalid conversion from ‘int (*)(const
> void*, void*, long unsigned int, const int*, int, void*)’ to ‘long unsigned
> int’
> PAaudiooutput.cpp:40:94: error: too few arguments to function ‘PaError
> Pa_OpenDefaultStream(PortAudioStream**, int, int, PaSampleFormat, double,
> long unsigned int, long unsigned int, int (*)(void*, void*, long unsigned
> int, PaTimestamp, void*), void*)’
> /usr/include/portaudio.h:355:9: note: declared here
>
> I did some googling, and it seems that paulstretch is written to use, and
> depends on, portaudio version 1.9 (package portaudio19-dev on ubuntu).
> However, this conflicts with the more recent version of portaudio, which
> Jack (and all my Jack apps) seem to depend on. Does anyone know of a way
> around this?

Compile it with JACK and without portaudio support:
./compile_linux_fftw_jack.sh

Note: the build-script compiles *.cpp - yet no function from
PAaudiooutput.cpp is used in the JACK version. Either fix the
build-script or simply   mv PAaudiooutput.cpp PAaudiooutput.outoftheway

> Failing that, does anyone know what the likelihood is of
> paulstretch being patched to use the newer version of portaudio? (Is
> development on it still active?)

AFAIK Paul Nasca does still develop and maintain it.