[LAU] help for a LAUer wannabe

Dan MacDonald allcoms at gmail.com
Mon Feb 6 13:15:08 UTC 2012

AV Linux is def. the best bet for your friend - I'd tell him to wait a
couple of weeks for 5.0.3 to be released as AV doesn't really support being
updated as such - it is supposed to be used 'as-is' as it includes lots of
apps and custom tweaks that are alien to the Debian repos and hence may or
may not work after you do an 'apt-get upgrade'.

The AV Linux manual is surely one the best guides and introductions to the
basics of Linux audio, JACK and Debian available too and if there is
anything not covered there it has excellent forums where you can ask your
distro-related questions but before using that I would recommend asking in
#opensourcemusicians on freenode irc.

Can't help with the Italian bit though, sorry, although there are a number
of Italian users on this list who may be able to point you somewhere useful?