[LAU] iPad and Linux audio

Harry van Haaren harryhaaren at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 00:22:43 UTC 2012

On Tue, Feb 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>wrote:

> did you watch the videos?

Nope :)

But I did just now: Sure its cool stuff, but is this going to be the next
stuff played on radio? Is this what society thinks is "good" and "creative"
expression? Perhaps I'm going a bit OT, but I personally just don't relate
with trying to make music using a tool that's so unpredictable. And when
the composer / user can't reliably use a tool I feel that something gets
lost, because the situation isn't progressing towards where the composer
intends.

It boils down to this: is <x> a better interface to create music? (Or an
interface to create better music..?)
My answer is no... -Harry