[LAU] Mic for accoustic (bass) guitar

gene heskett gheskett at wdtv.com
Sun Feb 12 23:26:30 UTC 2012

On Sunday, February 12, 2012 06:13:44 PM jonetsu did opine:

> Hi all,
>
>   What would be a good microphone for recording both acoustic steel
> string guitar and acoustic bass guitar ?  In the $200-250 range.  I
> currently have a M-Audio Pulsar and am looking for a recording that
> has more of everything I hear from the instruments which does not
> currently gets in the recording. The recording sounds like a digital
> compressed version that doe snot have all the warmth and nuances heard
> in the room.  Would upgrading to a $200-250 microphone help ?   Or
> would any difference be made only with much more expensive
> microphones ?  I basically would like to record as much what my ears are
> getting when playing.
>
>   The recording tool is Ardour, with all plug-ins found in a Fedora
> 15/CCRMA install.
>
> Thanks for any suggestions/comments!

C.A.D. EQ-200, could be a bit more than $250, but a friend of mine has half
a dozen of them in his recording studio, very good sound.

That is an older number, and probably obsolete by now, but its replacement
should be just as good.  Look at the E300S on amazon for instance.

Cheers, Gene
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
I disagree with what you say, but will defend to the death your right to
tell such LIES!