[LAU] Fluidsynth midi player start at time or tickindex?

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Thu Feb 16 13:22:19 UTC 2012

Hello Nils!
   I don't think, that this is possible with fluidsynth alone. From what I know
of its direct playing capabilities, it was more a nice feature for listening
5to a song directly, than to use it as a real sequencer.
   I'd suggest midish. It is interactive with a shell. It has a config file.
but rmidish is justa frontend to midish itself. so you could just use midishy
- a server - and send "shell commands" to it, overriding every setting from a
config-file. Same goes for rmidish's commandline. You can enter all the
commands to configure midish.
   I think this might be the slimmest commandline solution with the most power
available. I don't know, if you could teach aplaymidi to play from a certain
position, same for Timidity. But then timidity itself is rather big and can
play soundfonts itself, but it has the big config file, which has to be
changed.
   Find the midish porject here:
http://www.caoua.org/midish/
   And its full and very helpful manual here:
http://www.caoua.org/midish/manual.html
   I hope this helps.
   Warm regards
           Julien