[LAU] jack_disconnect on ports with spaces

Iain Mott mott at reverberant.com
Mon Feb 20 10:00:25 UTC 2012

Hi Julien, thanks a lot - but i still can't get it to work.

Tried this:

jack_disconnect "Pure Data:Pure Data Midi-Out 1" "Hammerfall DSP:HDSP
MIDI 1"

and even:

jack_disconnect "129:Pure Data:1:Pure Data Midi-Out 1" "20:Hammerfall
DSP:0:HDSP MIDI 1"

but no joy.

In qjackctl under the ALSA tab, these client / port pairs show up as
(not including the forward slash):

129:Pure Data / 1:Pure Data Midi-Out 1

and

20:Hammerfall DSP / 0:HDSP MIDI 1

The client/port pairs don't show up with: jack_lsp -c
This seems to show only audio connections. How are you determining the
client/port names? Via qjackctl?

Cheers,

Iain