[LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Feb 24 19:31:01 UTC 2012

I didn't receive a digest until now, so I'll reply to

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-February/083601.html

We could use the vesa driver, I didn't experienced the vesa driver
neither bad for audio, nor bad for MIDI hardcore-real-time, but it's odd
regarding to the supported resolutions ;), hence I didn't tested it
much.

On my machine, an ASUS M2A-VM HDMI with an integrated ATI Radeon
X1250-based graphics, Athlon dual-core 2.1GHz, I unmounted the HDMI
thingy and mounted a NVIDIA GeForce 7200GS. Using the nv driver I get
the perfect Linux MIDI DAW. Using the nouveau driver I can use it around
two minutes with a slow motion performance for the DE and then I need to
push the reset button, since everything is frozen. I needed to replace
the ATI with the NVIDI, because the integrated ATI can't be used with 3D
acceleration. I don't need 3D acceleration for the kernel-rt, but I wish
to have it supported for a "regular" kernel, since I wish to be able to
google the earth, if I wish to do, to produce 3D animations, if I wish
to do etc.. There's no 3.2.0-rt on my machine, latest kernel I use is
3.0.x.

I didn't decide to use NVIDIA. When I bought my hardware I didn't have
the money to buy Intel, I decided to get ATI, since I used NVIDIA
before. Much of my machine is from bulk garbage.

Here NVIDI is a less PITA than ATI is.

A rose is a rose is a rose. Or: Experimental is experimental is
experimental.

It shouldn't be the policy to drop something that works and replace it
with something that currently is "experimental".

The policy shouldn't be Appel"oid", IOW there should be some "elbowroom"
for the used hardware.

When I (we) get my (our) graphics it (they) works OOTB with Linux DAWs!

:Ralfi