[LAU] Linux 3.2.0-rt Kernels on Debian Repos!

Ralf Mardorf ralf.mardorf at alice-dsl.net
Fri Feb 24 20:30:03 UTC 2012

http://lists.linuxaudio.org/pipermail/linux-audio-user/2012-February/083605.html

"I do. They should just keep up the NV drivers that DO work until the
Nouveau drivers also work AND SUPPORT THE SAME HARDWARE, instead of
dropping NV completely."

Full ACK!

Isn't the Nouveau driver marked as "experimental"?
AFAIK it is.

What other software do we use for vanilla installs that has got the
status of "experimental"?

I'm not against "Nouveau". I welcome it. But since it is AFAIK, marked
as "experimental" and many users who didn't run into trouble using the
FLOSS nv driver get issues since it is dropped ... pardon my English is
disgusting ... replacing some FLOSS software that works with some
experimental that doesn't work for MANY users, is grotesque.

:(
Ralf