[LAU] list statistics needed

Robin Gareus robin at linuxaudio.org
Wed Jan 11 19:15:12 UTC 2012

> On Wed, 11 Jan 2012 16:25:30 +0100, Robin Gareus <robin at linuxaudio.org>
> wrote:

>>> Look near the bottom of this page :)

>> Oh, and I thought the subscribers list was not public :)
>> @Marc, Ico: Did we have a change of policy?
>
> Hey there :)
>
> hmm, I believe not. That's what I see on the page:
>
> "(The subscribers list is only available to the list members.)
>
> Enter your address and password to visit the subscribers list: "
>
> What's bothering you ?

That anyone can sign up and grab all email addresses; and silently
unsubscribe again, but nevermind: With a good portion of the list
subscribers using gmail (who reads their email), it's not a big secret,
anyway. Linux-Audio-User and proud of it :)

It's only that we had a major discussion 5 or 6 years ago (when I
created the first statistics on list-usage for LAC'07). You or Joern
would only hand me the subscribers list (which back then was NOT
available for subscribers) after hashing every email address, rememember?

robin