[LAU] bitwig announcement

James Morris jwm.art.net at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:14:41 UTC 2012

Alexandre,

The original point I failed to make was that now - when we have
proprietary software coming to Linux - would seem to me to be an
opportunity generate greater awareness of the issues surrounding
free/non-free software. I could I suppose also say I don't care if
people use free or non-free software - so long as I still have the
option to use free software. But for how long will that be an option
when mainstream hardware vendors are moving more and more toward the
passive consumer market? That is my fear and why it angers me to hear
that I should not care about software freedom.

James.