[LAU] [OT] Re: bitwig announcement

Hartmut Noack zettberlin at linuxuse.de
Tue Jan 17 10:06:42 UTC 2012

Am 17.01.2012 10:02, schrieb david:
> On 01/16/2012 04:55 AM, Jeremy Jongepier wrote:

>>> The Dutch version would be more like 'frying in your own fat'. :-)
>>
>> Or 'cooking in your own foam' (in je eigen sop gaarkoken).
>
> Hmm, I wonder if the meaning of that is anything like my grandmother's
> proverb, "You made your bed. Now lay in it"?

That is, at least not the meaning of the german "Kochen im eigenen Saft"
(stewing in your own juce) that was the intended sense  I guess..

Stewing in your own juce means: You are referencing to yourself, without
searching for influence from the outside.

BTW: I do not think, that such behavior is entirely wrong, as long as
you are aware of the fact, hat there is an outside world, to stick to
your own turf is just another strategy to cope with the world. If it is
better or worse is written in results/facts in the end.

best regards

HZN