[LAU] State of RME Raydat?

Jason Jones poeticintensity at gmail.com
Wed Jan 18 09:07:33 UTC 2012

Hey Moshe!  Thank you so much for your reply.  I looked very seriously at
the 9652, but I need to be able to record 16 simultaneous streams @ 96k,
and if I'm not mistaken, the 9652 only has 3 ADAT I/O.  It has an expansion
card, but after going over the benefits of the Raydat, I think I'm willing
to take the risk.  The last reports I've heard were that the Raydat works,
but the mixer had problems, and that was 9 months ago.  Since then, they've
merged the HDSPM module directly into the kernel, so that gives me hope.  I
also read that the HDSPe Madi card works as well.  So...  I think I may
just bite the bullet and see what I get myself in to.  Besides, it'll be
good for the Linux community to have someone who is willing to test and
write about what's going on with that line of cards.  For some reason, the
Internet has very sparse information about it.

Thank you for your reply, and your kind words about the studio!  It has
been a fun ride, for sure.

Anyone else have any info on the RME Raydat and Linux compatibility?

--Jason