[LAU] Can't get Layla24 digital inputs working with jack

Fons Adriaensen fons at linuxaudio.org
Mon Jul 2 19:32:15 UTC 2012

On Mon, Jul 02, 2012 at 11:11:34AM -0400, Paul Davis wrote:

> they don't even need to be equal. anything that can share a sample clock
> can be made to run in perfect sync. ADAT clock has some issues, in my
> experience. S/PDIF clock is better. Word clock is best.

I can confirm this. Syncing via ADAT can be problematic, and in
particular the B. AD8000 is quite sensitive to this - I'v got a
few of them that will fail to sync if there is a signal only on
one or two channels and 'digital silence' on the others. Using
the WC input instead there's no problem.

Ciao,

--
FA