[LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 21:54:34 UTC 2012

The original symptom gets a bit more fun. My test, hardwriting "merge" into the Interface box, has now gotten qjackctl/jack confused so that it is ALWAYS trying to start with "merge," even after specifying "hw:0" for interface.

I think D-Bus is not listening to qjackctl's setting changes. Both .jackdrc and ~/.config/jack/conf.xml show hw:0, but jack is just not obeying.

  <driver name="alsa">
   <option name="device">hw:0</option>
   <option name="rate">44100</option>

Pardon me if I sound a little frustrated. I don't know what happened. It was fine earlier, and now it's not. Now I'd just settle for being able to start jack with the built-in laptop hardware, and take it from there. Argh.

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70 at dewdrop-world.net