[LAU] Cannot set -C and -P devices using qjackctl

James Harkins jamshark70 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 22:12:33 UTC 2012

At Tue, 10 Jul 2012 17:54:34 -0400,
James Harkins wrote:
> The original symptom gets a bit more fun. My test, hardwriting "merge" into the Interface box, has now gotten qjackctl/jack confused so that it is ALWAYS trying to start with "merge," even after specifying "hw:0" for interface.
>
> I think D-Bus is not listening to qjackctl's setting changes. Both .jackdrc and ~/.config/jack/conf.xml show hw:0, but jack is just not obeying.

So, after a reboot, Jack can finally start again using the built-in hardware.

Another user kindly suggested, off list, that I might need to kill jackdbus when changing the device. Maybe I'll just add that as a post-stop script. Of course that isn't ideal, but it seems pretty clear that something in the system is persisting the device selection in memory and refusing to look at later configuration changes.

Let me start another thread for the .asoundrc configuration. I have an... interesting... set of requirements. I'm not sure those requirements can be met by creating a one-size-fits-all ALSA device and leaving the Jack configuration alone all the time. Another topic...

James

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world
jamshark70 at dewdrop-world.net