[LAU] [ANN] setBfree - DSP tonewheel organ

Robin Gareus robin at gareus.org
Mon Jul 16 22:25:06 UTC 2012

On 07/16/2012 09:36 PM, Kees van Veen wrote:

>> Testing things widely on many different systems is the main goal of this
>> beta-release cycle.
> Hi,
>
> Tried it on Ubuntu 12.04, but had to remove lv2-dev and set
> libzita-convolver-dev to (>=3.1.0-1) in debian/control before it would
> build, but it seems to work ok at a first glance. I only tried the
> keyboard in setBfree-start.
>
> Sounds great, thanks.
>
> Cheers,
> Kees

Hoi Kees,

Thanks. Note that without lv2-dev, setBfree still works fine but you
won't be able to use the synth as LV2 nor get the effects as LV2 plugins.

I've relaxed libzita-convolver-dev to (>=3.1.0-1), but lv2-dev is
tricky: It is not yet available in Ubuntu [1]. There is no clean way to
specify optional build-dependencies in Debian-packages [2] so we can't
write packaging info that works on Debian/testing&sid and Ubuntu at the
same time.

We hope to get this into debian/sid during the next weeks and from then
on it will be easier to derive Ubuntu packages.

I'm glad you got it working, NTL.

Cheers!
robin

[1]