[LAU] The Infinite Repeat - Leave It All Behind

Jeremy Jongepier jeremy at autostatic.com
Mon Jun 18 10:18:02 UTC 2012

On 06/18/12 11:57, Julien Claassen wrote:
> Hi Jeremy!
> A very nice little tune. I've never actually listened to guitarix in
> action, while knowing I did. It does sound good. I'm no guitarist
> though. :-)
> I like the atmosphere of the song. Sometimes slightly bordering on the
> British or American mood, but always managing to avoid it by an inch.
> Great! So I don't have to compare it to u2, Oasis and the like, which
> I'm very glad to do. :-) the turn of the chords about 43s (on behind) is
> the one, that really saved it. Going for the dominant instead of the sixth.
> I was already surprised, when I read the mail and your description of
> the song and arrangement. Something totally different from your other
> pieces. I'm awaiting the next tune and see, if you will surprise us all
> again. Still, I'd be comfortable with one more dance/disco tune or one
> more guitar piece as well. We get along splendidly.
> Thanks for sharing this and the others. Do go on, I'm all ears!
> Warm regards
> Julien

Hello Julien,

Thanks for your reply! I'm very bad at music theory and the turn of
chords you refer to is to me just an outcome of the way I play. I used a
slight alternative tuning (EADF#BE) and only open chords so the shift
from C to C# happened quite naturally.
And indeed, this tune is something different from what I've posted
before but don't worry, I'll hopefully manage to create or record more
of both genres.

Jeremy