[LAU] FLOSS your music: Robert Jonsson

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Sun Jun 24 20:58:43 UTC 2012

Hello Roberto and Robert! :-)
   This was again an enjoyable read. At a few points I had the feeling, that
the last editing was done in greater hurry. I also ad the feeling, that this
episode gave the appearance of being rather short.
   It was interesting to get the guitarists view. the typical hands-on
experience. Though in a way, this is wrong, sicne Robert was engaged in Muse.
I didn't know that. It would have been nice to read a little more about
practicalities. Though I expect, that after a while, it might get slightly
repetitive in details, when people don't use some extraordinary piece of
software. :-)
   Robert: I don't even remember, if I ever commented on either Timmar or Kilva
Av. I've listened to both of them again and found, that I enjoyed it very
much. I like the drum sound of timmar a lot. Kliva Av's drums aren't bad
either, but somehow Timmar was more engaging that way. I do prefer the guitars
and the ORGAN :-) in Kliva Av. The singing too is wonderful. It has a slight
menace in the verses and a good driving ring in the chorus. Well, I am a
sucker for good funk. Ever snce my first encounter with Eddie Harris, I loved
good funk. Especially those areas of the genre, where it crosses instruments
and ideas with other genres and gets a little more substance to it.
   Both of you: A nice job and a good read. It's always enjoyable to readabout
other artists, how they use Linux. Even more interesting to me though: Just
how they think about music, approach their own creativity and where they come
from. The good old idle curiousity, that killed the cat. :-)
   Warmly yours
            Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;

======      Find my music at      ======