[LAU] My mix of Dave's Blues

Julien Claassen julien at mail.upb.de
Tue Jun 26 21:33:23 UTC 2012

Hi Massy!
   Hm, maybe you might have gone with some different compression on the bass
and thus tried to keep the low-midhump more behaved. I don't know.
   The reverb is very modestly applied. A touch more might not have been bad,
same room sizes, IR-reverbs. But that's all personal taste.
   For the widening of the parnorama. You might have experimented with some
very short stereo delay on the tracks, thus keeping some glue on a very
reduced level. Delay length between 12-18ms. I've had good experiences with
the etd and 2143. Lately the latter is my favourite, I have more control over
it.
   Did you apply some highpass filter to the guitars? You could you know, same
for the vocals. probably take a filter with a shallow slope, seeing, that the
arrangement is that small.
   Warmly yours
           Julien

Such Is Life: Very Intensely Adorable;