[LAU] Fedora and Audio [was: Ubuntu Studio]

Kevin Cosgrove kevinc at cosgroves.us
Sat Mar 24 05:55:00 UTC 2012

On 18 March 2012 at 17:54, Paul Davis <paul at linuxaudiosystems.com> wrote:

> there's nothing wrong with CCRMA maintainance. what has
> happened with CCRMA is that the overwhelming majority of what
> fernando used to do (packaging apps) has moved into Fedora
> itself. that just leaves a few basic tasks which fedora doesn't
> do and fernando does (primarily building an RT-PREEMPT kernel).

I went looking to find out more.  The information at the end of these
links is informative and promising to me.

The Fedora 16 Musician's Guide:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/16/html/Musicians_Guide/index.html

The Audio Creation FedoraProject, which looks like they're working to
have a Fedora Audio spin for Fedora 18 (yet to be created).

https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Audio_Creation

It's really nice to see that!

Just thought I'd share what I found on the chance that I'm not the
only one who didn't know.

Cheerio.....

--
Kevin